Summary of Services
Mediators help people have the conversations they need to have so that they can make decisions, understand the other and move forward. Mediation is available for:
- Separation and Divorce,
- Elders, Families and Communities,
- Families for custody/visitation/child support, parent/teen disputes,
- Small claims including landlord/tenant, consumer/merchant and others,
- Workplace between employees, employee/supervisor,
- Agricultural disputes for farm family succession, neighbors, lenders business partners and others,
- Special Education between parents and the school regarding a child’s educational plan.
We mediate so that people become clearer about what’s important to them, help them understand each other’s perspective and reach a better outcome.
Whether training managers to enhance effective communication, training teens to mediate for their peers, or training new mediators, the Mediation Center offers training for:
- 35 hour basic transformative mediation training for volunteers and professionals (36 CLE credits available),
- Conflict resolution and mediation training for youth in schools, after-school and other programs/groups,
- Communicating effectively in the Workplace and other conflict resolution training for organizations.
We create engaging, interactive training to meet your goals.
Mediation Center facilitators help groups, large and small, prioritize, plan and decide next steps. Facilitation is available for:
- Community conversations,
- Conference breakout groups.
We facilitate groups so that decisions can be made and next steps taken. Conflict Education: We speak at events and meetings about what we do and how we do it. Conflict education presentations and tabling is available for:
- Civic club meetings,
- Community Days,
- Career and Health Fairs,
- Staff meetings
We present our services so that people know we’re here when they need us.